The Lure Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples thoughts on a designated "skish" section?

I for one am seriously considering this and would love to see a section on here for it. Keeping with the uniqueness of this forum and the advancements in lrf/mrf/hrf/eging/finesse etc we are fortunate to have the expertise of Keith and Kev and whilst I fully appreciate skishing is not for everyone I truly believe forum members would love to learn and read more on the subject aswell as potential skishers!!!

All thoughts/oppinions welcomed.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I agree that skishing would be in keeping with the forward thinking of the forum and with Keith and Kevin we have very experienced 'guides'. As a fisherman and a diver the idea has great appeal but my concern would be that it might encourage people to try skishing without the guidance and training needed to be safe. We all need to apply common sense and excercise caution as all shore fishing has potential dangers but skishing does increase the risk, hence the need for training.

Over to Keith for an expert opinion!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the reasons I suggested this is due to the experience in Keith and Kev who can properly and professionaly advise the correct ways/methods and everthing associated to it rather than going in "blind" as it where. I appreciate your concerns and think they are very true and valid, I have done quite a bit of research on this form of angling and have read numerous reports on how much safer wetsuit fishing is than wearing waders which are all too often taken for granted and worn by most. I am sure Keith and Kevin will back me up on this as it has been proven. I, in no way recommend people should don a wetsuit and go jumping in the sea!!! lol.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Have to agree Iestyn, it certainly would help to ensure that all the information is kept in one location, which would make it easier to read and search subjects.... Make sense to me..

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Skishing certainly IS different enough to warrant special equipment and techniques.

I'd welcome a section with the caveat that anyone who tries it without guidance or careful planning is a fool.
There are 'levels' of Skishing, some that can seem completely benign at first glance but, can go wrong very fast.

That said, anyone who is able should at least experience it. It's awesome.
Be prepared, be safe.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have to admitt, that altho I would love to have a go at skishing, it would have to be someting I went elsewhere and did. And most definitely under the guidance of those with credentials enough to prove to me that they know what they are doing and talking about. It's definitely NOT something I would want to try locally - mostly soup coloured water - but with a little insight from Keith and Kev, it could ewll be something thatI would want to give a try when on holiday. As such, I am all for another section purely for skishing. No doubt there will be plenty there to be learned and help not only myself, but others too, make up their minds as to whether or not it's something they would like to try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.