The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, in the area I live I find that this colour comes up trumps most of the time when the fish are there. Whether it is: (all these caught on)
White Xlayers
White Feed Shallows (No.14)
White Husky Jerks
White Chug Bugs
White Delta eels or Redgills
White Toby's
White (pearl) Megabass Edonis

Confident also with:
White One Up Shads

This is just the white ones in my armoury. I catch on other colours and types of lures as well but thought I would share this and wondered about what works in your area?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I like white, especially when the light is fading, it often draws a hit. Pollack also seem to love white, but that doesn't bother me at all. My most successful white plug has to be my X-Rap with the glittery tail. Can be a killer.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
When i was in France last year, i was talking to some of the Bass fishing guys in a shop full of the top-end gear. They swore by white lures for that particular time of year (August) in that part of France (Normandy).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like white, especially when the light is fading, it often draws a hit. Pollack also seem to love white, but that doesn't bother me at all. My most successful white plug has to be my X-Rap with the glittery tail. Can be a killer.
Hi Mark. Yeah I forgot to add the xrap. SRX10 white/clear colur. Good lure

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When i was in France last year, i was talking to some of the Bass fishing guys in a shop full of the top-end gear. They swore by white lures for that particular time of year (August) in that part of France (Normandy).
Hi Simon, yeah there must be something in it. If I had to take only three lures out on a day session they would probably be all white.
To be honest I am thinking of doing this as I cart around more plastic than Katie Price at times and 95% at least don't get used.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Nigel

do you prefer white lures over coloured regardless of where you are fishing and what the ground is ?
Action I feel is the most important factor to be honest but I am more confident with this colour in the majority of places I fish.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Action I feel is the most important factor to be honest but I am more confident with this colour in the majority of places I fish.
Interesting that you say that,coz the guy tht i fish with prefers white coloured lures too. I on the other hand prefer something a little darker. Funny as we both fish the same spots. I do however tend to choose a lighter colour when estuary fishing, as it seems to bring results.

·
Registered
82 Posts
White tide minnow 175 pearl mackerel
White tide minnow 140 pearl mackerel sinking
These two lures did the buisiness for me last season

1 - 10 of 10 Posts