The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
off to chew this week can't wait! haven't been for a couple of years and i really struggled then only having a few jack's anyone else going?
after lure fishing for bass all summer i'm right up for going for it with mainly lures this time any suggestions? taking the normal stuff spoons,replicants,shads
only got one day it would be nice to have a lure pb can't wait

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
cojo can you get day tickets if so where from ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mate there as rare as hens teeth you have to pre book the december before and its a lottery then

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
no mate there as rare as hens teeth you have to pre book the december before and its a lottery then
Indeed they are!

The boat fishing tickets have 3-4 more applicants than available tickets.

I fished Chew before it became so hugely popular and in 2005 I had one of my best ever days on water, fishing for perch and not Pike. I had 12 perch between 2.5Ib and 3.3Ib (three over 3Ib) in just a few afternoon hours.

Last year I only had time to go once but was lucky enough to catch a few nice ones, including this immaculate conditioned fish.

This year I have two boat days and cannot start to describe how much I look forward to it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's a peach of pike, Vidar. We're off to Rutland next week. Entirely new experience for me....

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
That's a peach of pike, Vidar. We're off to Rutland next week. Entirely new experience for me....
I will see all of you guys in the hotel on Monday evening ;-);-);-)

I'm fishing Grafham on Monday, Rutland on Tuesday and Chew on Wednesday

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had a great day up there i finished with 6 pike to 19.2 (lure pb) inbetween gillieing for my boat partner who had 13 to 24lb
great day loved every minute

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I wish the fish had been in the same mood for us at Rutland yesterday :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Off to Chew next week, only got one day afloat, if you could take three lures what would they be?

Any insight would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
There is no end of suitable pike lures, but if I had to choose only three it would be a 6 and 8" Replicant's, soft or hard Savagear 4-Play's plus a spinnerbait in the 1.5 to 2oz weight range.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Word from the last trouting comp is that the water is coloured, with the few trout that were caught being taken from in front of the Lodge. Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts