The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and help support the lure forum.

We have come up with an idea of raising a bit of money for the forum, to help pay towards running costs etc.

We will be starting a raffle very soon, in the next day or two, the tickets are £10 each, and the prize is;

Two passengers and one car on the ferry from Weymouth or Poole.

Two (or three) nights accomodation, bed and breakfast, in the Shakespeare Hotel http://www.shakespearejersey.com/

A days lure fishing (weather permitted) on a boat on the inshore reefs

And

A days (and nights probably) guided trip with Keith White from http://www.jerseybassguides.com/bassfish/blog1.php

This will happen on the weekend of the 24th of September, but we are willing to chop and change a bit to suit if we have plenty of warning.

Basically guys its worth a tenner eh, and there is 100 tickets so we will have to buy more than one each I am afaid, but remember it is a way of donating towards this site that does run at a loss and costing some of the guys out of their own pockets, just for everyones enjoyment.

EDIT: I originally wrote 500 tickets!! Sorry, I meant 100.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
A few for me too:jump: :jump:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice one and a Top prize for the mainlanders and others but is there going to be any prizes that would make it worthwhile locals buying a few tickets?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Just let us know when and how to buy tickets and I'll have one for me and George. Hang on - what if he wins and doesn't want to take me!!??

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice one and a Top prize for the mainlanders and others but is there going to be any prizes that would make it worthwhile locals buying a few tickets?
Fair point. Or maybe that is the point?

Confused of St Ouen.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I would consider a few locals would love to spend a day on a boat and get taken out (under cover of darkness in blindfolds) to a deep wade mark at that time of year.

The hotel bit, well, I can see your point there Dave.

Overall, the package has to be attractive to most readers on here ?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Brilliant idea **** ...put me down for a couple....

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I would consider a few locals would love to spend a day on a boat and get taken out (under cover of darkness in blindfolds) to a deep wade mark at that time of year.

The hotel bit, well, I can see your point there Dave.

Overall, the package has to be attractive to most readers on here ?
Now I get it, why not just replace the ferry bit with sth else? Then everyone's a winner.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I am up for a couple! Jersey boys should be so grateful they have all year round quality bass fishing that they should contribute anyway!! (lol)

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
What about substituting the ferry to flights from the Isle of Man for me & Tim :wink: :wink:

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Excellent idea and top prize! Put me down for 2 tickets please ****.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is there a cash equivalant? not sure I'd be happy with Keith blind folding me and taking me some were in the dark!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts