The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
wind,rain and bass
Well today proved to be one of those days where you dont mind being wet and cold.

Started off with a nice bass which fell for a pink Jersey Wonder swung down current in fast current.Had one more than things went quiet so I went in close about 8 foot of water.Changed to a purple red gill,speeded up the retrieve and had amazing results taking two good fish in as many casts.

Had 12 in total but wasted loads of time fishing to deep,no need with the off colour water.

Heres one of the better fish,which was released,kept 2 for pan though.Also nice to see loads of small bass chasing my lure.

Might tempt the wind tomorrow????

Posted this again,not sure what I did

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Nice fishing I cannot guess where you were fishing from the photo, But a great photo, nice to see the Jersey Wonders working for you as well

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice fishing I cannot guess where you were fishing from the photo, But a great photo, nice to see the Jersey Wonders working for you as well
It fishes well this time of the year Alan

And thank you for the snot greens Alan,not many places where you can get deliveries at sea.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
We skish that area when tides and fitness allow.
However, I think it prudent in future to blot out such 'give away' features as the 'K'

Good fish though m8.
Well done.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice chunky fish. I am surprised there are any fish left in that area the way some boats and kayaks are glued to it!

Fair point Keith BTW. It is easy to download Gimp for free and it has useful tools for blotting out recognisable marks etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thought about blottting it out but its no top secret spot.Every boat that passes will stop and fish it,if you recognise it its because you've fished it.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
At best it keeps other boats off my marks Stephen. At worst that's someone's favourite spot, even if it isn't yours or the dozens of other kayaks seen there each weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Stephen, great report :p

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Where is the picture? I am sure it doesnt really matter how many people see where you caught it, if the picture was of some whare in the South East coast thats recognisable I would guess the picture was of Icho, The Karame or Conchiere, hardy sectret spots....SHOW ME THE PICTURE!!! :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I am sure it doesnt really matter how many people see where you caught it
considering the amount of lines and nets going out right now I think it does.
You can't vouch for every member on here being an 'angler' only.

Great fish but, giving away marks so obviously isn't something the forum should encourage imho.
And, whilst it may be well known, so are many other spots that fire at certain times of year.

You can bet, if that picture had appeared on Saturday, by Sunday you wouldn't have seen the mark for boats anyway.

No one owns a mark at the end of the day but why make it easier for irresponsible guys to wreck our sport.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
considering the amount of lines and nets going out right now I think it does.
You can't vouch for every member on here being an 'angler' only.

Great fish but, giving away marks so obviously isn't something the forum should encourage imho.
And, whilst it may be well known, so are many other spots that fire at certain times of year.

You can bet, if that picture had appeared on Saturday, by Sunday you wouldn't have seen the mark for boats anyway.

No one owns a mark at the end of the day but why make it easier for irresponsible guys to wreck our sport.
True. However I looked on your blog the other day and one of my favourite marks was on there, clear as day? Not something your site should encourage imho ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts