Wind, surf and lures! | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Wind, surf and lures!

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Blanker

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie lure angler from n.wales, I started fishing in June in calm and flat conditions using surface lures and shallow divers, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. As we are now facing the autumn swells and stronger winds, could anyone please advise me as to which lures are better suited for such conditions, i.e. metals, big poppers etc, and preferences for day and night. This is my first post so apologies if I've made mistakes! I fish mostly at marks along the n.wales coastline, and look forward to meeting and chatting to other like-minded members. Any advice greatly appreciated . Best regards

2. Perch

Hi Andy this site has been abandoned by all there’s some good info if you use the search but if you’re looking for up to date info your better off with lure groups on face book I’ve been getting some good results on small waves open beach surf with a white savage gear seeker twenty eight gram

Attached Files:

3. Blanker

Hi Mat, thanks for replying to my post and keeping me up to speed with the forum. I will take your advice with the lure and give it a go. As a newbie, I'm finding the information on this forum very useful, lots of hints and tips to help get me started. Thanks again for your advice, regards Andy