The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headed down to a favourite mark in Waterford and over the course of the afternoon managed 17 bars of silver. Most were in the 50cm category with one touching 60cm. Three of the fish fell to a surface lure. That's a new one on me as I've never had them this late off the top. Here's a selection of pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well done Pat - good to see a few still being caught in your area - all gone from Cobh?
They would be Alex. There's a lot of fresh water in the harbour, not only from the rains but also because they're releasing water from the dams. This has brought the water temps down to about 6 degrees. Any self respecting silver lad ain't goin' to hang around in that.

·
Registered
884 Posts
WOW WOW AND WOW:cool: cant wait to next year to get a run down.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Another super session well done Pat.....................

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brilliant fishing pat.
I'm giving the surface lures a go at every opportunity, in search of that double....I'm trying to emulate you Pat:wink:. Seriously, though, you can hit it right at this time of year. Schools of bass shoal up on the onset of a cold snap just prior to moving off. Conditions this week were just perfect with the seas flattening off, water still coloured but clearing, good tides, and the first of the heavy frosts prompting a sharp dip in inshore waters. We had exactly the same conditions last year in the week leading upto Christmas and we had similar fishing.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning Pat, well done :p

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm giving the surface lures a go at every opportunity, in search of that double....I'm trying to emulate you Pat:wink:. Seriously, though, you can hit it right at this time of year. Schools of bass shoal up on the onset of a cold snap just prior to moving off. Conditions this week were just perfect with the seas flattening off, water still coloured but clearing, good tides, and the first of the heavy frosts prompting a sharp dip in inshore waters. We had exactly the same conditions last year in the week leading upto Christmas and we had similar fishing.
its great to be still catching at this time of the year pat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
On top in November

Fantastic fishing Pat and great to see the hard lures are still doing the business .
And off the top aswell in November , great going.

That report will spur me on over the next few sessions while the cold is trying to get a grip on me .

Out for a go tonight got gloves at the ready bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Top work Pat. Lets hope the snow and ice doesnt block your path to those marks as is did last year. Bet you're glad of those neoprene waders now.
I actually came a cropper on this trip. There's been so much rain that my car sank in the soft margin by the ditch. I had to be towed out:???:.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts