The Lure Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, I have finally been able to sort out some accommodation for Bosherston, sorry about the wait for details but I needed another property to be available :p The dates will now be the Friday & Saturday 11th/12th March 2011, the plan would be to meet on the Friday night, have a beer and talk bollox, Saturday will be spent fishing the lake all day and in the night a few beers and some more talking bollox :p Sunday, will be spent fishing until you decide to leave :-D
All cottages will have Tea, Coffee, Milk and items to make a cooked breakfast on both mornings. Hot Dogs will be provided for dinner on both days ( a Welsh treat :wink:) you will require a EA Rod License for both days, as this will be a group booking the Wardens have agreed to charge £5 per day for a permit, this price is only available if you pre-book, permits bought on the day will cost £7. The evenings will be spent in the local pub, 2 miles by road and about 25 mins cutting through the lake, i will try and arrange a mini bus from a local company to take us back and forth.

The accommodation will be in 4 National Trust Cottages and sleeping 22 people ( more accommodation may be available), I need definite confirmations by PM please with a £20 deposit per person, the final price will be around £45 per person for the 2 nights, anyone wishing to stay for just the Saturday night will pay the full 2 night price (sorry)

Right I think that is everything for now, any questions please ask :p

14th December update
Right 22 places filled :clap:

Confirmed Names:

Rob F
Andrew Walker
**** Ward
Callum
Bob J
Mike Hayes
Shaun Austin
Simon Lewis x 2
Steve Lewis x 2
Andy K x 2
Trevor Richardson
Nick Bennet x 2
Vidar
Andy Mason
Jon Bunyard
Marc Westward
Rob Taylor
Nathan Taylor

If any of the above drop out, I will update :p

Any anglers that are local and would like to come, you will be more than welcome, permits can be pre booked at just £5 per day :p

If there is more interest, Bosh have another property within a few hundred yards of the main block they can let to us as well :p It can sleep 8 so I would need that amount of guys interested.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you've done a great job getting this together, count me in!

Which station is nearest?
Pembroke Dock Rob, one of us will pick you up :p Trev may come if he is on shore so you may get a lift with him :wink:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Well I havent had royal approval before but she must be in 'Christmas mood', (I might make another suggestion later)! ;-) I understand if numbers are limited, there are others that have expressed interest before me and they should take precedent.

If there are any spaces left - let me know and I will send money!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Quicker than a tow truck!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right 22 places filled :clap:

I will update on the first post the names of who have confirmed, If there is more interest Bosh have another property within a few hundred yards of the main block that they can let to us as well :p It can sleep 8 so I would need that amount of guys interested.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Steve,

I expect George & I will fish one of the two days. How do you pre-book fishing permits, please?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve,

I expect George & I will fish one of the two days. How do you pre-book fishing permits, please?
Just let me know what day you will be fishing and I will get the permit, I will have them issued to me before hand, you can pay me on the day, It is £5 each !

·
Registered
268 Posts
One thing here, and its only cos my ex has just been round and asked me the differennce...

Your permitt to fish is NOT your license to fish freshwater. Or vice versa. Just in case anyone wasnt aware, you will need both!!

She who used to have to be obeyed has now gone off in a flap thinking she has to buy No.1 son something else "fishing related". Dopey female isn't aware that his year round lisence that allows him to visit a local river covers him for there too. :D

I shall wait for her call stating that I could have pointed this out to her before letting her go home chomping at the bit ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Train companies etc wonder why people wont use the train more often....
20 minutes waiting on the phone. During which time about 6 or 7 attempts are made to "interact" with the voice recognition software. No avail! Finally get thru to a human being and his voice recognition software seems faulty too. As does his speech software, I believe!! Anyway, after much deliberation and preparation for a HUGE fare price, I am finally told........

"We are very sorry sir. But I cannot give a price or booking for more than 12 weeks in advance".

Oh well, patiently waiting until January....... ;)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Should be a good time to be Pike fishing, the big girls will be starting to gear up for spawning (they will weigh more, and be hungry), some weed growth, but not so much as to cause problems. Good luck guys, I am sure that you will have a blast

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Without wishing to hijack Steves thread, I am sure he is busy organising a 101 things!

Just for clarity for anyone not so familiar with the 'rules' of freshwater fishing.

Anyone over the age of 12 must have a rod licence to fish any freshwater river, lake or stream - private or public. Anyone under the age of 12 can fish on the accompanying adults licence. This entitles you to use up to two rods (irrelevant to us). The rod licence can be bought online via the Environment Agency website by the day, week or year and are basically cheap as chips, my full year costs around £27.00 from memory. Once you have a rod licence you need permission to fish your chosen water, hence Bosh have a day ticket cost that Steve is arranging (at discounted price) that we need to re-imburse him for.

Be warned guys, get a rod licence as EA Officers do patrol most well known waters and failure to have one will cost in fines and ruin your weekend. :-o

Steve is sorting out the day tickets as he is arranging a deal with the bailiff but I am sure its down to you to ensure you have a rod licence.

Reactions: Andy K

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Andrew :p

You can buy online here http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/fishing/31497.aspx

They are also available over the counter at the Post Office.

If the guys from Jersey are unable to purchase Licenses before they go I will sort them out here :wink:

The day Permit / Ticket to fish Bosh allows 2 rods, we have 2 children with us under 12, they can use one of their Fathers rods so don't need a permit :p

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another Property has become available :p It has 8 beds and I have 3 more names who want to go, so anyone else interested :?:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another Property has become available :p It has 8 beds and I have 3 more names who want to go, so anyone else interested :?:
Anyone else thinking of coming :?:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.