The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A slightly different query I think...

I have a couple of pairs of damaged waders and was wondering what to do with them...

Bin them would be the obvious choice, but it seems a little bit of a waste as the the neoprene on both pairs is still pretty good. One pair has quite a thin boot which tore on some rocks and the other pair leaked as the studs I had were no good for the soles! :-(

Just wondering if there is some way to recycle them that I may not be aware of.

I would appreciate any suggestions! (;-))

cheers

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Ian, it would cost you more to have them cut up and made into something else, providing you could find someone to do it. It sounds like the boot parts are kaput; which is the hardest part to replace; with sockfoot types you can repair the foot part quite easily :(

Bin them minus some knee/bum sized patches.....to stick onto your new pair?

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have been considering getting hold of an old pair of neoprene waders and having a go at making some reel cases for use on and off the rod

·
Registered
202 Posts
A slightly different query I think...

I have a couple of pairs of damaged waders and was wondering what to do with them...

Bin them would be the obvious choice, but it seems a little bit of a waste as the the neoprene on both pairs is still pretty good. One pair has quite a thin boot which tore on some rocks and the other pair leaked as the studs I had were no good for the soles! :-(

Just wondering if there is some way to recycle them that I may not be aware of.

I would appreciate any suggestions! (;-))

cheers
Give them to someone who doesn't mind getting their feet wet or give them to someone you don't like as a belated christmas present or cut the boots off cut a hole in the crotch to put your head through and there we go a neoprene jumper need i say more, hope i have been of help

·
Banned
2,659 Posts
Send them to diver dave he has a website and does a good job repairing them with a 12 month garrentee

Reactions: IanD

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Send them to diver dave he has a website and does a good job repairing them with a 12 month garrentee
Diver Dave does a good job , but you have to think of the economics. Postage both ways plus the cost of repair and you still have a repaired set of old waders.

I would reckon it would be cheaper to buy a new pair. I hear good things on the bison neoprenes which are not that expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Postage of neoprene chesties is about £20 each way!!
Watch out for bison neoprenes as the boot sizes are wrong, size 9 boots firts a size 11foot but you need to look like Warwick Davies if you want a size 9 to fit your body!!! I know from bitter experience

When you have to send them back because they don't fit it makes them an expensive option

Diver Dave for a new pair and dump the old ones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts