The Lure Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really pleased with my new powermesh x. Cannot wait to get out and start using it.
So much better than my old battered rod, which constantly found it's way into the door/boot as it was closing!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I didn't realise they'd made it to the shops yet! That's very good news though! And just seen them for sale!

They do look lovely! Which one did you buy Nick?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was waiting till they hit the shops, then I saw it online and ordered it straight away.

I got the 9 foot beast!! Absolutely gorgeous, nice matt finish and a nice light weight (well compared to the old rod at least)

Now I've gotta hold off the temptation of buying a new reel...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
How've you found this rod so far Nick? Tempted to get an 8' version to try it out and bash around with Wrasse etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well to be honest it's such a step up from the rubbish I had before (fladen something or other). Nice and light, balance is ok, but I suppose that depends on what reel you have etc..I really like it, I've only been casting with it at the moment, as I've yet to catch, this'll change this weekend hopefully! Getting some plastic through the post, so I'll have to hit up some spots!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Cheers Nick. I still have some vouchers to use from a while ago so could get a good deal on one. Think I might go for it to give one a try. Been keen to see one for more than 6 months now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts