The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i couldn't help it i went wrasse bashing wel lthat was the plan anyhow. Left the house early and go to the mark parked up (well abandoned the car in a layby) and wander out to the cliff face then a long slide down the pathway on the icy grass. Top of the cliff and literaly abseil down the cliff using the rope that was installed by previous anglers.
On the mark god it looked wrasse heaven 3rd cast in and bang i got a hit like nothing i have ever felt it just ran and ran i though it was am monster!!! Gave the best account of any wrasse i have caught:-D
Then broke surface and it wasn't that big around the 4lb scales jumping from 3.15 to 4.7lb so low average taken and photographed. Took a shrimp and minnow x layer on a 10 gram head god i love wrasse.
Fished on though nothing to be had so i faced the rope up the cliff with my rod hung on my back again.
Though cracking session. Then on to scope another mark for later in the week the surf was barreling at 4-5ft on the out reef. And building quickly the fishing wasnt to be had unless i wanted to meet the old maker a little earlier than i planed:evil:
No back there this week on low water for more wrasse bashing. Best thing is it wasnt that cold today either.

Tight lines all

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers fella's i have been scoping out a mark that holds bigger fish this week and shall be fishing it when i have more sp's ordered.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys, what can i say matt it's an addiction besides till i start new job when all checks are done i have more fishing time so i m making the most of it visiting a mark i scoped out today in the morning and fishing 3 down 4 up see what happens.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Well done Mike, you're off the mark. Must get my @ss in gear, haven't been able to find the time lately:evil:

cheers guys, what can i say matt it's an addiction besides till i start new job when all checks are done i have more fishing time so i m making the most of it visiting a mark i scoped out today in the morning and fishing 3 down 4 up see what happens.
How do you manage more fishing time when you start work :?::confused:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah with support work i use angling as a theraputic aid, works a treat especially with the fact that i want to employ lrf into this using light gear and small fish it should be fantastic ofr service users. Means i get paid to fish nutill then i need to scope new marks that my excuse anyway lol

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
ah with support work i use angling as a theraputic aid, works a treat especially with the fact that i want to employ lrf into this using light gear and small fish it should be fantastic ofr service users. Means i get paid to fish nutill then i need to scope new marks that my excuse anyway lol
:shock: Proper job Mike :!: Nice one!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Too right mate this one fought a few pound over its weiht too suprised when it broke surface that it was this small.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts