The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there on holidays at the moment and reading through the forum a little bored as herself is at work.....when i get home im going to target wrasse with th eold sp's can anyone point me in the right direction regarding which sp's to use?? Nick sent me some of his home made SP's so il try some of the smaller ones but all tips and info would be greatly appriciated :)

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Kevin, have a look in the competition section and there is a list of the largest Wrasse taken on SP's and what they have been taken on. There certainly a trend. Also, have a look on Keiths blog and the HRF section, as well as lots of the catch reports in the CI section, as there are loads and loads of posts on HRF fishing, most of which involve Wrasse.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mark il check that out :)

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
The best SP seems to be the X-Layer. Which is typical, as its the most expensive and the Wrasse take great pride in demolishing them. Need to see if the DIY X-Layers do the same job. Crawdads work, as do some worm type things. They will take little plugs, but most of us concentrate on SP's now. The technique seems to be bumping and leaving, hugging the roughest ground there is, boulders being a favourite. There is loads to it though, and it is constantly being refined, so just have a read through.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I've had wrasse on Xlayers, DOA Cal Shad Tails, Big hammers in 3 inch (brown colours), senko's, reins rockvibe baits...

Basically, in my experience, anything small enough to eat!! The bigger fish do seem to prefer the xlayers though. But one of the forumites here had one over 7 on a senko last year, there's a report somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts