The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
All year.

Gets harder in the winter but very doable.

Go back through last winters C.I catch reports to check out the zoo creatures Liam H and Gaz caught.

In fact, we had some beauties but Liam and Gaz had some 6's I believe. I had loads around 2lb but couldn't find the big ones...
It wasn't my first winter on the Wrasse but, it was on lures.

Lets put it this way, they are catchable and, it will likely bring you a big one or two if you get it right and stick it out.
Spring gets mental....
Summer see's settled results
Late summer/Early Autumn was Impossible for 'us' due to Cuttlefish.
Early winter (now), we are getting great results again.

Year round sport with possibilities left to the imagination.
Gotta love it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All year.

Gets harder in the winter but very doable.

Go back through last winters C.I catch reports to check out the zoo creatures Liam H and Gaz caught.

In fact, we had some beauties but Liam and Gaz had some 6's I believe. I had loads around 2lb but couldn't find the big ones...
It wasn't my first winter on the Wrasse but, it was on lures.

Lets put it this way, they are catchable and, it will likely bring you a big one or two if you get it right and stick it out.
Spring gets mental....
Summer see's settled results
Late summer/Early Autumn was Impossible for 'us' due to Cuttlefish.
Early winter (now), we are getting great results again.

Year round sport with possibilities left to the imagination.
Gotta love it.
Thanks Keith, Gotta love it is right. Got a lot of work to do here as I've not targetted them in my area. Galway bay is teeming with them in the summer as I found out by chance. Here's Padraig with a nice one caught on an Xlayer if I recall...

IMGP2053.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Thanks Keith, Gotta love it is right. Got a lot of work to do here as I've not targetted them in my area. Galway bay is teeming with them in the summer as I found out by chance. Here's Padraig with a nice one caught on an Xlayer if I recall...

View attachment 3004
My advice to anyone is basically....

If you get them in the summer, try in the winter.
Appreciate that winter and summer quarters might, 'might' vary and act accordingly.

Go to it and set the standards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts