The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having caught my first Wrasse this year on lures I want to do some more in 2011. We know that bass tend to fade away in the winter and seem to be a 'warm water' species but I know little about the Wrasse 'season'. Do they dissapear with the bass or are they a year round target? Opportunities in Sussex are limited so I need the odds on my side!

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andrew, pending what other more experienced members say- We could have a look on sunday. As I mentioned elsewhere I know there were/are wrasse on one mark in our area. Let me know if you fancy it.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
They stick round all year down here but they do seem to slow a little, well the smaller ones seem to sod off would be more accurate.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrew, pending what other more experienced members say- We could have a look on sunday. As I mentioned elsewhere I know there were/are wrasse on one mark in our area. Let me know if you fancy it.
I would love to have a go mate and I am very grateful for your earlier advice. However, I cant make this Sunday due to family commitments. Any other time, please give me a shout!

Thanks very much

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Andrew,
The northerlies look like they will mostly hold for a while yet, so I am sure we can sort something-I am around between Xmas and New Year, so should be able to find a good tide there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
i can only speak for the south west coast mate i catch them all year round though during the inter is slower well a lot slower though htis said they are bigger fish the small ones have indeed buggered off somewhere.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andrew,
The northerlies look like they will mostly hold for a while yet, so I am sure we can sort something-I am around between Xmas and New Year, so should be able to find a good tide there somewhere.
Bang up for that dave, thanks very much!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Andrew my dear fellow,

how are you? Well I hope. I agree with Mike, they are around SW coastline all year round. in fact there is a small party fishing out of Plymouth targeting wrasse this weekend. may tag along if I can get all Xmas shopping done before Sunday. Off on hols on Tuesday. I will let you know if the wrasse hang around Tenerife this time of year when I return. hoping for a Bluefish or two as well!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bennet old boy! How are you and Ferret!?

I saw that little Bumble Mike was organsiing and if wasnt so bloomin' far I would be tempted to get down. Maybe next spring.

I can gurantee your Christmas will be warmer than ours :-D but dont drink too much and have a good one in Tenerife!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andrew my dear fellow,

how are you? Well I hope. I agree with Mike, they are around SW coastline all year round. in fact there is a small party fishing out of Plymouth targeting wrasse this weekend. may tag along if I can get all Xmas shopping done before Sunday. Off on hols on Tuesday. I will let you know if the wrasse hang around Tenerife this time of year when I return. hoping for a Bluefish or two as well!
PS as your gang dont seem able to come up with a suitable name for the Bass comp next year I think you should known as the Butt Pluggers!! ;-) For some reason I thought of you when that name was mentioned! :-D

Have a good one mate and we will catch up next year when i come down to annoy you next!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts