The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon I spent 3 hours on the ebb and only succeeded in chucking half a bag of xslayers into the sea, so this morning when my wife was off to the shops for the day I was not even that sure a whole day of fishing was going to be much fun. Well I had great fun I caught these 4 little guys in different spots around Corbiere.

The first one was a bit disappointing no real fight so I was a bit down thinking it was going to be all dull

The next 3 all took really close in and gave good fun quick fights. They biggest was just over a pound. All went to emeraude xslayers on 7g heads

I did however loose the biggest one of the day (I think) the blighter snapped me off . I think because I had been so successful in catching the first 3 on 1 lure and had not lost any lures for about 2-2.5 hours, but what I had done was succeeded in wearing down my 10lb mono so when the beast hit I struck and whoops the line came pinging out the water with no lure or fish. AARRHHH! and the spot was getting covered so I will had to leave there without another chance. I did remove a few feet of line when I put the next lure on.

After 4 hours I moved to nearer the causeway and bashed away for another 2 hours with no fish, tried deadsticking and got one nibble but really nothing doing. All in all a good day out I am so sun burnt it is not funny.

Oh and on Thursday night I caught a 3 nice pollack at Boulay so they are obviously back in numbers again. Must be the warmer weather.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Jeremy, outstanding fishing and stunning looking Wrasse, well done !

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fair Play mate - nice mix of colours there.

I was out corbiere way this afternoon and had a few bites but no takers.

Had a few up north yesterday tho , Im liking the agressive takes and fight they give even the smaller ones.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Good going Jeremy! That's a fine group (shoal?) of Wrasse, I can't get over what a fine fish these are, I love the leopard-print!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Not sure why this isn't working for you Tim. I'll add another one.

These are snippets from other pictures to follow, so don't panic.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Just for you Tim

Not sure why this isn't working for you Tim. I'll add another one.

These are snippets from other pictures to follow, so don't panic.

I see them now! Cheers Paul, thye are fandabbydosey! Great pics. :clap:

I see what the prob was now I can see the photo data: Photobucket! :evil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts