The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to the wind I fished a mark that fishes better from the water due the rock structure below ,so today was a kayak day.Saying that I still lost loads of tackle due to the sharp rock structure and series of ledges ETC. Never started well in fact got snagged up about 4 times before I caught a fish.Got snagged some more and was running out of jigheads. The bites I did have the fish seemed like they wouldn't commit.Changed to a fine gauge black jighead and all seemed to change. First decent fish was this one of 4.7lbs caught on a assalt drop shot worm.
Went on to have a really good day with loads of fish in the 2.5 - 3 lbs range.Also tested out a new crab SP which the wrasse found to their liking infact hooking themselves with the fine gauge hook when left on the bottom. Heres 2 more

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Good fishing!! Strange how soemthing as simple as the wire thickness of the hook can change things. Can't say i thought of that and don't carry alternate hook types, just different hook sizes on the jigs in the same model.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Changing the wire is something I always did in freshwater. i've not considered it either in the salt Andy.

What Stephen isn't telling you is he had over 3 dozen !! Wrasse in this session.

Brilliant m8, great fishing.

Lets hope the 3 bumblers didn't see you from where they were eh ...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changing the wire is something I always did in freshwater. i've not considered it either in the salt Andy.

What Stephen isn't telling you is he had over 3 dozen !! Wrasse in this session.

Brilliant m8, great fishing.

Lets hope the 3 bumblers didn't see you from where they were eh ...
They probably did Keith but theres more than enough fish there if you can get them out!!! Had another session there today.
Managed 25 or 26 fish,nothing to challenge first place but got cleaned up by some corkers.Out of SP,jih heads and leader line :)

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Stephen, That is some haul of fish over 2 days :clap:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah **** when Mary calls by for Xmas presents this year dont be shy!!!

Alan, not yet but when I have some time I will get around to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts