The Lure Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone recommend some 30 to 40 gr wtd lures .looking for extra distance so good ones to cast. dont have to be the top end lures as i may loose a few
cheers--peter

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Patchinko casts better and further than anything else. Z-Claw and 13cm Mag Popper close after. Admittedly they are not all cheap but 30g is plenty if you have a sensible rod.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Patchinko casts better and further than anything else. Z-Claw and 13cm Mag Popper close after. Admittedly they are not all cheap but 30g is plenty if you have a sensible rod.
ive just bought a rod i think you use.240 quantum from mr fish.how do you find it for lures 20 to 30 gr

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
ive just bought a rod i think you use.240 quantum from mr fish.how do you find it for lures 20 to 30 gr
I use a quantum 240, superb rod for the money. It casts a patchinko a real good distance, and I would say it's more than happy with lures from about 15gm-30gm. I have used it with a yo-zuri hydro popper which weighs in at 42gm and although it works, I would say that its probably a bit to heavy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use a quantum 240, superb rod for the money. It casts a patchinko a real good distance, and I would say it's more than happy with lures from about 15gm-30gm. I have used it with a yo-zuri hydro popper which weighs in at 42gm and although it works, I would say that its probably a bit to heavy.
cheers mate,ill go for a couple of patchinkos

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
A surface lure that you can blast out a country mile and WTD with? I would use a Cotton Cordell Pencil Popper I think. Suprisingly easy to get a nice walk going. Can be heard up to 150 miles away under the water as well...

Or a Heddon Super Spook, another good lure that can be walked.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A surface lure that you can blast out a country mile and WTD with? I would use a Cotton Cordell Pencil Popper I think. Suprisingly easy to get a nice walk going. Can be heard up to 150 miles away under the water as well...

just ordered 2 pencil poppers and a super snook,got a couple of patchinkos so that gives me a bit of a choice

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Patchinkos' and Cordells (we call them sometihng else here) are great but the ultimate distance lure is the Bad Boy.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

LOL, exactly the lures I was thinking! Noisy little bugger that pencil popper haha! The super spook I can cast pretty far (hey Callum lol)! I also quite like the sebile slim stick lure, it casts GREAT and is very noisy indeed. **** and Doug have some I think? I know one of ****'s buddys reckons there the dogs!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Cordell Pencil Popper is the biggest lure in my box. Had some good fish on it too. Crude perhaps compared to many, but still very effective for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts