X3 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

X3

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Striper

i popped into my local shop today and picked up a hart x3, i have seen it mentioned a few times on TLF but was looking for a bit of detail on how it is best used ie conditions retevies that work that kind of thing, just looks a bit strange without a bib, thanks

2. Striper

I really like the X3, I have the ayu one and although am yet to catch on it I think it looks great in the water. I found it to be a bit like an underwater WTD lure. I find an erratic retrieve speed combined with that repetitive twitching you would do for something like a Sammy looks best.
    It doesn't do a great deal on a straight retrieve but it does sit nice and stable in the water. It casts a country mile as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Salmon

Dave,
    Slow (and I mean slow) steady retrieve, especially if you can work with the flow. Great lure, always in my box.
    Also if you are on the beach just before first light, use it in the 30 minutes before it is light enough to fish topwaters.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Striper

Casts like a lead weight, action like a lead weight, catches fish like a lead weight :). (Just my opinion)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sandeel

X3 is the lure that has caught me the most bass this year. Perfect for shallow surf beaches where you need a long cast and a shallow dive depth. Price is fairly good too.

I would recommend just trying it out in clear water when you can see the various actions it has when you start, stop, fast and slow retrieves etc. Certainly not lacking in action if you work it properly (or don't - which is good sometimes too).

Works best when conditions are (a little) rough in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Striper

thanks everyone, i had a bit of a play today and like the way if you can get the speed right it just wakes and wiggles it arse,casts like a lead and sinks like one to

7. Sea Trout

It looked the business Dave, I have to say. I thought it looked good on the twitch retreive too!!!!! see ya 2moro.

• Like Like x 1