The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you fish an xlayer the same way you would fish with a hard bait ie. with a constant retreive and a few twitches or are they just for bouncing along the bottom. If you can what are the best jig heads to use for this method.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I'd suggest reading through the channel Islands catch reports m8.
Loads of fish coming up on xlayers day and night.

Also, loads of technique stuff regards xlayers and related soft lures on my blog.

Link in my signature..

But basically, they are one of my favourite soft lures and they are awesome.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Have caught on them using sink and draw method and also with a constant retrive either way fish love em....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I think you can fish them in pretty much any way to be honest. I'm pretty sure they were originally designed as a jerkbait but quickly started catching bass in pretty much all conditions. I love them with a light, weighted took just twicked back reeeeeeeally gently and slowly - they look sooooo good!

·
Registered
131 Posts
What size weighted hook would suit, 4/0? I'm thinking those texas style ones on AGM tackle with the little corkscrew thing by the eye to atach the lure look good, but I'ce no experience of using them would this work?
Mike

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
What size weighted hook would suit, 4/0? I'm thinking those texas style ones on AGM tackle with the little corkscrew thing by the eye to atach the lure look good, but I'ce no experience of using them would this work?
Mike
i have a few of those ready and waiting to go Mike with the giant xlayer very i think mine are the mustad ones very handy that littie spring /corkscrew add on,i think mine are 3.5g or 5g

1 - 6 of 6 Posts