The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of giving these a try, can anyone recomend them or any useful tips 110 or 150?,phos for night time? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
thinking of giving these a try, can anyone recomend them or any useful tips 110 or 150?,phos for night time? thanks
Carl,

I have the 150 size, I have only had it in the last few weeks and when I gave it a test drive, it performed well, Cast's brilliant and looks good in the water, I am sure it will catch me fish !

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
bought one last year but never really fished it for any lenght of time always seemed to take the patchinko out of the box first,but as said before casts very well in all conditions with a very simple action to make the lure work which is not gonna make you arm ache, will be spending a bit more time with it this year....

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I personally prefer the 150 but I sell more of the 10's strangely. I love them but like Barry I tend to grab other lures first. If you are getting rises or follows on surface lures but no takes then try one, I had that problem one year in the bass fest and put on an asturie and nailed the bass first cast, it just really wanted it.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
There's hope for me then **** !

·
Registered
403 Posts
Asturie

Hi Carl,
Have only used the 110 and at times it has outfished the Patchinko for me:wink:It can be deadly in calm conditions when you need something more subtle. The lure leaves a very enticing wake. The Bass that I have caught on it have hit it with a vengeance. Great lure at dusk and dawn for pollack as well. I intend to invest in a phospherous one for night fishing:wink:
Regards
Bob

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
It doesn't land delicately, shall we say.

So I'd suggest high cast and a little wait after it has landed.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
After talking about the Asturie this week i took it out of the box yesterday for a short while.. water was very calm no real wind out so it flew out like a bullet and while retrieving i noticed the following,
Its a lot quieter than the patchinko to fish with a much more suttle motion, its zig zag action in the water seems to dive into the chop then comes up to sit out of the water whilst retrieving and twitching its a very interesting lures to work and one which i will defenitly be reaching for this summer now thats based on the 110 version, so a new set of owners are going on this week,

Reactions: Carl B

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Carl,

I use both sizes depending on what rod I am using. For me they are sliding lures -- meaning I use them in very calm waters, for me fishing in shallow water while wading the smaller of the two seems to work best (the Bob Jameson Chatreause colure).

PS I have not forgoten about the boots.

Reactions: Carl B
1 - 12 of 12 Posts