The Lure Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

Not new to fishing . . . but new to this Forum. Simon Lewis is to blame he tipped me the wink! Having looked around at some of the threads I can see that this may not have been my wisest move. I already have far too many lures - I do not need anymore (repeat to self incessantly).

Lots of information on the Forum . . . I might be spending a lot of time reading (wife'll be happy . . NOT). And a fair number of unfamiliar bells, whistle's and other technical type things. I might be some time working out which does what. :-?

I also note a number of familiar names (nice to see a Forum using 'given names rather than nom-de plumes'). So will feel amongst friends.

Nice to be here . . .

Cheers

John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome John,, lots of great info to be gained on this forum, hope to meet you at the Welsh Bumble...:D
Hi Marc,

Unfortunately, the 'Bumble' is over the weekend 24th/25th April. I've two prior engagements which I need to attend . . . particularly the one on the 25th. If there is another 'meet' later in the year then I will make every effort to get along and meet some of you. I very much enjoyed reading **** Wards description of 'Bumbling' in the encyclopaedia section - a very balanced outlook on what we do and an attractive way to get to know other people of a like minded persuasion.

Bit like another 'Societys' fish-ins.

John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yes, Bob, always slightly wary of responding to posts made by 'Mad Axeman' (especially if he's 'Local'). :grin:

J.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
A very warm welcome John !! I accept no responsibility whatsoever for any purchases which may result from your use of this forum !! You are a grown man, and you must take responsibility for your own actions ;)

Looking forward to wetting a line with you this season !!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:-D :-D :-D

Ahhhh . . . now he adds the disclaimer.

Grown man . . . hmmmm, Ok, but only as far as age and height. If you don't mind I'll hang onto my childlike delight in all things new and shiny. Even though I know full well that I can still catch as many fish on my old battered lures.

See you on the shoreline . . . sometime this year.

J.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Welcome John< glad to hear you like the forum, plenty to read and should take you weeks to get through it !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts