YGK Nilton DFC Fluorocarbon......? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

YGK Nilton DFC Fluorocarbon......?

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Pollock

I wonder whether anyone has used this for the leader? It's same price as Sunlin Siglon, which I used previously, but you get twice as much. I'm looking at the 20lb version.

Is it as good as the Siglon?

Cheers, James

2. Pike

I have used the 16lb version regularly over the last couple of years now and have had absolutely no problems with it. I find it good value, excellent quality and the clarity/transparency of the line is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pike

I spooled a reel straight through with 8lb Nitlon DFC on advice from a local tackle store salesperson who said it was fine as a mainline. Not sure if I did something wrong but it was a disaster! Line twist to the point where I discarded it without using. However, I used the remaining line that I had left as it was likely intended...as short leader lengths chasing perch and trout. Can't say I have had any problems with it but I will also say I use Daiwa TD-R fluro as well and sometimes I can't remember which one I have on! So I think it is worth trying.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Guest

Don't know if it as good as sunline fluros but I have been using it for 3 seasons and I haven't had any problems with it and have full confidence in it,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chub

I use the 4lb version for all my lrf never had a problem and has landed +2lb perch on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Striper

I have used the 20lb for 2 years no with no issues what so ever. Good VFM, have just swapped over to the Fiiish stuff, but only coz everything else in my garage is Fiiish :) :wtcwackit:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pollock

Thanks guys, appreciate all the comments.

I just need to find some at a decent price and postage..........

8. Tarpon

I picked some up in Nantes around 4-5 years ago. I found that the knot strength was sometimes compromised if extreme care wasn't taken when bedding it down. It needed plenty of spit to make sure it didn't damage itself when rubbing against itself. I went back to Seaguar.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Pollock

Thanks Simon, I heard it was a fairly hard line, but that is interesting. That Seaguar stuff is a bit expensive for my pocket.

Any other options guys that wont costs too much and knots well and basically amazing? I like the Sunline Siglon, but feel a bit pricey at £17 for 50m.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pollock

11. Tarpon

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pollock

Is the 15.4 pretty decent on rough ground Si?

13. Tarpon

Haha ! Personal choice. It's what I use 90% of the time, but I have been cut-off by the occasional lunker over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pollock

:bannaparty::bannaparty:Never had a lunker on to lose, but once I get my new gear altogethet I will get my big Sheila....... Thanks for the advice Si.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  15. Striper

As Simon said, plenty of spit to tighten or it will go pop. I find it does this on very fine guage wire lure clips like the size 0 decoy ones.

I use the 20lb

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pollock

Thanks Daniel, reckon the Seaguar sounds a better option for me as is cheaper and a tad more supple. May get both the 15lb and 19lb and use as appropriate depending on terrain. I plan on expanding my fishing areas, when I get all the gear together, rather than sticking to just where I used to go. Some of my areas are very rough though down here in Dorset, but I would like to find some sandy areas as well.

Before selling all my gear, I used 1.0 braid and 16lb fluoro, as I want as much feel as possible, but there is always a balance to be struck with terrain. I have just bought 1.2 YGK WX8, as reckon a bit more protection warranted.

17. Striper

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pollock

Cheers Rob, will have a look at it when I get home tonight. Good to be back mate, just need a rod, reel, lures, jigheads............ may take a couple months

• Agree Agree x 1