The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 20+ fish to 2lb+ on the LRF gear today close to current. Report coming later when 'she' gives me time!! :p

pollack..jpg mackerel..jpg wrasse..jpg pollack_zip_vib..jpg sunset..jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Nice one there Ben 20 odd fish thats a busy day by anyones standards,

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys.

Well, I only really wanted to kill a couple of hours while she was at work this afternoon, but was glad I went!

Heading for a local headland, the water is very deep here but had a quick tidal run about 30m out - out of range of the really small soft baits. With the depth of water, I almost wasn't surprised that small jigs in the 5-9g range were probably most productive, especially the Tackle House P-Boy 9g. I also caught on a range of vibration baits. All fish took on the drop.

I really tested the LRF kit today, especially with the Wrasse that probably approached 2lb. What a surprise he was though on a 5g Evergreen vib! As the bait came within about20 of the shore I had a feeling that I as coming a little far off the bottom (which I generally tried to stay close too) so I opened the bail arm to let it sink back down another 3m or so. I then lifted almost immediately in to the fish. On 4lb Fireline and 8lb fluoro leader he actually managed to get himself deep down in the kelp at one point. Luckily I managed to drag him out - not an easy task on an 8g rod! I was actually pretty knackered after the fight! Lol.

Odd mackerel showed up too, mostly on the drop before the cast initially hit bottom. Had 4 of those.

My biggest pollack was scared of the camera and unhooked himself as I carried him to safety. He'd have hit 2lb though. I lost a few nice actually, and some of the bites I missed on one of the vib baits were insane!

Having messed up my last trip with bad timing, today made up for it. Fishing for about 3 hours, pollack numbers would have easily beaten the 15 mark. I caught on a wide range of baits overall, mostly hard. Also caught on tiny XLayers and others.

Happy days.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very nice sesh there Ben, I am down next weekend if your still up for a session?
Definitely mate. Make a day if it and catch a bit of everything if you like?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Wow, Ben - all that research over the winter has surely paid off! Great fishing and interesting to see those little vib baits doing the business. NIce photos too...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning effort Ben, well done !

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. Not quite the size of the CI pollack (averaged about 12oz) but great fun!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well done Ben - is that the place we discussed over Easter? (on the point?)

Got to love the little vib baits!
Got a feeling this may be a bit further West mate. Must try where you're talking about as well though!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was good practice all the PITW we did today Bob so not a total waste of a day, and the saga on thre slipway was priceless
You boys been Pi**in' In The Water again?????! :muttley:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Ben. Thats a good afternnons fishing! Good of you to put so much effort into your research for my impending visist to Cornwall!! I will pm you in the next week or so to see if you are still available for the kind offer of some guidance when i come down.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Ben. Thats a good afternnons fishing! Good of you to put so much effort into your research for my impending visist to Cornwall!! I will pm you in the next week or so to see if you are still available for the kind offer of some guidance when i come down.
No probs at all. Keep me posted!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts