The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right gents, following on from Nathan's season review; I'd like to ask if your average bass size was up or down on previous years? Mine has been up with more caught.....probably around the 4-5lb size, although I have fished more this year than last :mrgreen: and at many more marks, but my first fish was much later this season......not for want or trying :???:
I'm also confident that Pops Clapham has had a much better season this year, beaten his PB a couple of times and is still scoring on our local marks :-D:-D:-D....last fish last year was early November :|

I've added a couple of pictures to show the progress of his fish holding technique and the development of his grin :wink:
100214 JC 1024x768.jpg

20th June - 6.5lb
100620 6 and half pounds2 adj 1024x768.jpg

11th July - 4lb+
100711 4lb 1024x768.jpg

22nd July - 62cm and first PB
100722 62cm 1024x768.jpg

21st Aug - 4.5lb
100821 4half 1024x768.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Some lovely fish there that 'Pops' has caught this year Simon. My best is 3lb 1oz, average I'd say 1-2lb this year, so plenty of room for improvement.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
OK, looked at my logging program for 2010

I record all bass but not all wrasse (mostly the bigger ones for tide states and lures, wind direction) and it says:

27 bass, average weight 3.2667lb so about 3lb 4oz, average solunar index -3.5 (normal average calc might not bear true results? - edit: the program says 21 with -4 to -8 and 19 at 0 to -4 but this is all fish caught, not just 2010 before you ask why numbers don;t work, hang on i'll excel it)
16 wrasse, average weight 3.2575lb so again about 3lb 4oz, average solunar index -2.5

I'm happy with that!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, looked at my logging program for 2010

I record all bass but not all wrasse (mostly the bigger ones for tide states and lures, wind direction) and it says:

27 bass, average weight 3.2667lb so about 3lb 4oz, average solunar index -3.5 (normal average calc might not bear true results?)
16 wrasse, average weight 3.2575lb so again about 3lb 4oz, average solunar index -2.5

I'm happy with that!!
Andy, I really need to get into the solunar stuff......but with work commitments I can generally only fish on the weekend, come rain or shine/HW or LW

You still using that software that you discussed over on the other forum?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
27 bass, average weight 3.2667lb so about 3lb 4oz, average solunar index -3.5 (normal average calc might not bear true results? - edit: the program says 21 with -4 to -8 and 19 at 0 to -4 but this is all fish caught, not just 2010 before you ask why numbers don;t work, hang on i'll excel it)
for 2010, excel tells me there were 13 between -8 and -4; 9 between -4 and 0; and 6 above 0, highest solunar was +3.3, the highest +'ive solunar is about +10 but normal large one is +7 to +8

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Average bass would be in the 4-4.5lb range this year no real biggies, 7lb on a bonnie 128 bone was my best fish this year thought i would have beaten the pb of 8lb but not to be so there is always next season.....

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
Average bass would be in the 4-4.5lb range this year no real biggies, 7lb on a bonnie 128 bone was my best fish this year thought i would have beaten the pb of 8lb but not to be so there is always next season.....
Youre lucky I arrived down the hill.....seeing is believing!!! ;)

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I personally had a terrible year this year, worst even, but next year will be better. I would say my avarage size was pobably under 2lb!! My biggest this year was 5lb 4oz I think.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It's a guesstimate but I rekon my average size would have been about the 4lb range.
My season best was 6 and a half pound. I had a good number of fish in the 5 lb range but the average size was dragged down by the odd shoal of schoolies, still great fun on the light tackle.

·
Registered
369 Posts
35 bass in a late starting season 4 me september to december .average in my log is just over two pound mark wiv five over 3 pound and a personal best of 4 lb 4 13 dr .will be doing whole season starting may for me and hopefully get the fish of a life time? and the best thing is all the things ive picked up of the forum to enhance next season .big thanks to all involved tight lines for next season

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Si, first bass was 9th May, 4lb 12oz and was my best all year. I don't think I had another fish over 3lb. Average size around 2lb I guess so down on last year where average was 3lb+. Numbers similar to last year but skewed by the fact that we had a couple of sessions of 8+ fish in estuaries which were all tiddlers (less than 1lb).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts