The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the forum is a year old this week, the staff and admin would love to know your feelings about the site, a bit of a testimonial if you like. A paragraph would be great, we are hoping we can use some of them on the front page to temp outsiders in :).

Personally for me the forum is my shangri la, the place that is a joy to log into of an evening, talk to my friends and put the lure fishing world to rights! We have a good laugh on here, the social side of the site is outstanding, and the times that we do all meet up are life long memories. Thank you to all of you, for your threads, posts, pictures and banter, and long may it continue. Between the members and staff we are always trying to evolve the site, to keep it fresh and exciting, we have plans and we hope all of you will be with us as the site grows from strength to strength.

·
Registered
623 Posts
All I can say is thankyou **** for introducing me to the forum. Since joining I have learnt so much and would not be having anywhere near as much fun and pleasure from our sport. For me the forum has been an ever expanding community of good willed and like minded people that are more than happy to share their hard earned knowledge with others so that we can all become better fishermen.

·
Registered
340 Posts
DoogyRev DoogyRev!

Its not to bad round here eh - I was a bit slow to get on here, my head was still with B**t more and was still trying to work out where everyone was dissapearing too (cheers for the invites m8's) ;-)

I think its a great place to read up about all things Lure fishing, the banter is good and everyone is straight up and have seen no hassles, has taught me a lot and have met some very sound people from here too, and a good few not from Jersey which I know for sure would not of happened with out this site and look forward to more bumble/social side of things to come - the bass fest being the most recent - defo going to do my best to attend a bumble or 2 across the water, hoping the 2011 Welsh Bumble being one of them

I know it looks like im permanently logged on but I run a server so my PC is never off so dont shut sites down - honest!

If One thing I would like to see is more catch reports etc and more input from others as there a lot of members but a fair few lurkers, the ones that do the posting are the ones that make it what it is, if everyone just looked and read there would not be to much to do - I think if you take something from this site you should give a bit back too!

Look forward to the pending plans and top Job to all those involved in the running of the site - and while we are it, all us members give ourselves a pat on the back too!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
So the forum is a year old this week, the staff and admin would love to know your feelings about the site, a bit of a testimonial if you like. A paragraph would be great, we are hoping we can use some of them on the front page to temp outsiders in :).

Personally for me the forum is my shangri la, the place that is a joy to log into of an evening, talk to my friends and put the lure fishing world to rights! We have a god laugh on here, the social side of the site is outstanding, and the times that we do all meet up are life long memories. Thank you to all of you, for your threads, posts, pictures and banter, and long may it continue. Between the members and staff we are always trying to evolve the site, to keep it fresh and exciting, we have plans and we hope all of you will be with us as the site grows from strength to strength.
All I can say is that I am loving it,,,,,,,,,I log on as soon as I get into work and its a place that you can express a view and your own experiences etc without any silliness or aggro.
Things that would improve,,,,,,,,,Car Stickers.:-D

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
A mighty place, I have it set as my homepage. Love the banter, love the knowledge base and the fact that people ares so willing to pass it around without any bitching. The meets are a joy, such friendly people!
Niggles: the smilie box in the chatbox which doesn't work properly in IE6 - I usually end up typing a smilie in. And a question really: what's the difference between "what's new" and "new posts" 2 buttons doing the same thing as far as I can tell.
Only being able to think of these two pathetic little gripes speaks volumes......

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thanks to every one involved in making the site what it has become today , it is so nice keeping in touch with friends that we meet all over the country due to the site.

Keep up the good work .

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Bloody excellent **** is what I think about the forum. I have learnt loads form being on the forum, part from actually reading the threads on the site & part from talking to & being with other forum members whilst out fishing.

I should set it as my home page because invariably accessing the forum is the first thing that I do when I turn my computer on in the mornings. I've met some excellent people through the forum & no doubt will meet many more. I love my lure fishing I do, the forum has been a vital part of the enthusiasm that I have for it :)

Cheers

Toby

·
Banned
891 Posts
Ditto all the above, love the site, love the people. The environment is fantastic for learning, so many truly good plauggers in one place... Site is easy to use and totally invaluable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Likewise!!! With my special thanks to K & K: their doings and their writings about it, are absolutely unique... best postings and articles (blog) about fishing I've read in years!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
What can i say mate ? Bloody amazing", it wasnt long ago i joined here and i have learnt and gained more experiences than i could imagine possable in such a short space of time.
Thank you to all of the guys to put in the effort to keep this ite running, and ong may it contonue to help others joining the lure angling community. ;-)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If Carlsberg made Forums.....

Seriously, this Forum has taught me more than I thought possible. Some of the stuff on here has been a revelation. So many knowledgable character's on here, never a question will go un answered. Amazing. Keep it up is all I can say.

Oh, and I've met a few bods from here now, all have been an absolute pleasure to fish with, and I look forward to meeting more of you guys over the coming years.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
After fishing for over 40 years, I cant remember what tempted me to seriously try lure fishing for bass earlier in the year. I know that I spoke to **** about a rod or two and he quickly put me onto some 'proper' tackle and not just typical spinning rods, and of course, he put me onto the Forum.

The Forum has been a Pandora's Box of education and knowledge! I have learnt more about this form of fishing in one year than in any form of fishing I have ever done. The knowledge and experience contained in these pages has enabled my ability to leap forward at incredible pace, plus, I have met some experienced and talented anglers that have universally been incredibly generous with their knowledge. Whilst the rate of learning and subsequent success has helped enormously with my enthusiasm not to wander off into other angling disciplines, the fact that to a man, they have all been absolutely top blokes that a miserable old git like me is happy to spend time with makes it unique in my fishing life.

I feel privileged that I am a (very small) part of a Forum that is at the absolute cutting edge of angling knowledge and that gives me access to anglers that have more talent than I will ever have who freely share their knowledge - no wonder I have caught some bass this year!

Reactions: Steve Lewis

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
My only fear is that as the Forum gets bigger, we will inevitably attract some of the less desirable characters who haunt some of the other Forums. Law of averages says that sooner or later we will get some knobs on board.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My only fear is that as the Forum gets bigger, we will inevitably attract some of the less desirable characters who haunt some of the other Forums. Law of averages says that sooner or later we will get some knobs on board.
Don't think they'd last too long here mate, some of the mods on other forums can't really compare to the team behind this site.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't think they'd last too long here mate, some of the mods on other forums can't really compare to the team behind this site.
Matt you are dead right, our staff are like modern gestapo, they have feelers out everywhere and anyone that dares to act up will simply have the "plug" pulled. We all like a laugh, we all like a healthy debate, but there is never a need for anyone to get personal and petty about things. Long live the forum and all who sail on her, and thank you to our wonderful staff and members. The love in continues.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I do hope so and i appreciate the efforts the mods put in. It would be a shame to lose the 'friendly vibe'!

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
**** in answers to your question The Lure Forum has

1/ Cost me lots of valuable time when I could have been doing jobs on the house or in the garden, lost me lots of working hours etc.
2/ Cost me lots of money due to showing me new tackle & equipment that I really needed to buy
3/ Provoked my thoughts through shared knowledge & experience which will improve my fishing (hopefully)

Keep up the good work guys :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts