The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new Z-Claw which i have to say looks stunning, if not a little weird:shock: Can anyone advise on the best conditions and technique to use this???

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Quite a few of us have them, but don't think any of us have Christened them yet, as we all got them in the off-season.

Best bet is to look at the other Z-Claw threads (run a search for them), and just use it as a normal Z-Claw for now, unti we collectively figure out if it works in any other way.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I also got my dead claw in the post yesterday, I resisted using it on last night session incase I got it wet.

Apart from the fear of getting it wet or losing it it's a bit of a mind puzzle to use.
how can a dead fish swim?
I'm happier to think of it as a fish with cataracts :-D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I think on the shelf above the fire place with a spotlight directed at it
That is where mine will end up :muttley: As Simon has said we have only had these for a couple of weeks and I am trying not to use it, temptation will take over soon though and I will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've tried mine on the Pike - had a few follows, but no hit yet. Unlike Steve, i want to get mine battle-scarred ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys for all the ideas. Does it float or retrieve upside down I wonder??????
Keith, I dont know if he has them but its worth checking to see whether Mr Fish has got them in stock in Jersey

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Thanks Guys for all the ideas. Does it float or retrieve upside down I wonder??????
Keith, I dont know if he has them but its worth checking to see whether Mr Fish has got them in stock in Jersey

No, it doesnt float upside down. It is basically a normal Z-Claw with a natty Black / Grey paint job.

**** doesnt have them at the moment - Jap only im afraid.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thinking about these dead claws .. they might have the paint job of a dead fish but they sure wouldn't pass the dead fish test.
they would need to lay on one side and shouldn't be so rigid, should be more banana shape, maybe with a eye hanging out ;-)

I smashed up a z-claw last week and lost the tail end from one side plus the ball bearing, i'm tempted to rebuild it to the specs of a dead fish and weight it on one side, unlike the dead claw I would add some red paint to the gill erea.
I have had plenty of hits on poppers that have red on them, this got me thinking of why z-claws and patchinkos don't use and red around the gill ereas.

any thoughts?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts