The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to try my luck this morning even though the tide was running out.
The day didn't start too well for me, the snap link broke away from the swivel of my Z-Claw mullet, how peacefull it looked as it floated off into the distance towards the Channel Islands (all z-claws are homeing plugs, Mr Fish has them all programed so they swim back to him so he can resell them back to us)

anyway I then replaced the snap link and put on a Z-Claw trout and was rewarded with this. :-D

I will look forward to catching it again tomorrow and Mr Fish can expect another order from me :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Pete! Good little fish. I haven't actually tried the Z-Claw yet! :???:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Pete, that looks a cracking fish, I have quite a few Z-Claws and can't wait to start catching with them !

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done. I had a dibble with the Z-Claw myself at the weekend. I fancy it will be a very popular lure this season...

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one Pete. I dont have one of these lures, so I will set up a vigil on our north coast and keep an eye out for it. It has to get past the gannets in Gsy first though, so don't let Andy M and co know about it!

How did you fish it? I always thought it was just a surface lure

·
Registered
281 Posts
In my very drunk state on the bumble I bought 3 of the little blighters...
Sure to catch on one at some point...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice one Pete. I dont have one of these lures, so I will set up a vigil on our north coast and keep an eye out for it. It has to get past the gannets in Gsy first though, so don't let Andy M and co know about it!

How did you fish it? I always thought it was just a surface lure
Gasp!! it's NOT just a surface lure :-o, it's capable of so many actions.

rod tip down and a twitch will send it nose down where it can work underwater, it stays underwater on a slow/fast retrieve with a rolling action (also rattles), it comes to the surface once you stop reeling.

Once on the suface it comes into it's best modes: Walking the Dog, Slideing, and my favorite .... a sliight twitch makes it really look like a fish in trouble, a quick panic splash .. then it's head points to the sky, I then repeat this action every 5 seconds, it's VERY convincing.
Problem is ... It's too convincing as a fish in trouble, the gulls keep trying to grab the plug so you have to keep a eye on them.

Did I mention that it casts like a bullet? Not as good as the Patchinco II but almost as good.

When I got my Patchiko's I thought I would be using them all the time but I was told to try the Z-Claws, glad I did, Patchikwhos? .... I don't play with them anymore since I got my Best freinds. :-D

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
z claw does it again

Nice fish Pete and off the top as well , surely the best way to get the adrenaline going.
Having the same name as you I'm tempted to claim the fish as one of mine.
If its o.k. with the mods and admins' I'll re-register as Pete Smith Ireland just to save any confusion, maybe they could give me an e.mail to confirm.
Well done again Pete.
Pete Smith Ireland.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Nice fish Pete and off the top as well , surely the best way to get the adrenaline going.
Having the same name as you I'm tempted to claim the fish as one of mine.
If its o.k. with the mods and admins' I'll re-register as Pete Smith Ireland just to save any confusion, maybe they could give me an e.mail to confirm.
Well done again Pete.
Pete Smith Ireland.
Ah i see the problem, i'll just add the ireland bit if you request?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your replies :-D

In Ref to duplicate user names, this was bound to happen, just wait untill the Browns and Jones get here.
Isn't the reason nick names are used to avoid this problem?
What would happen if another Pete Smith was to register that was also in Ireland?
Would he have to be known as 'Pete Smith Ireland with blue eyes'?

Anyway I'm going fishing to see if that Bass is waiting for me with it's Grandad :-D

·
Registered
849 Posts
Cant see any other Chad's joining so i'll be alright :)

gonna have to get me some of those Z-claws...and a bigger lure box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts