The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one guys i'm having difficulty working my z-claw can get it to zig - zag subsurface but can't get it to work on the top.I'm pretty new to surface lures so has anyone got any tips seem to be able to work the patchinko fine but am struggling with the z-claw.Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
The way to get it working on the surface, is to slow it down, and to raise your rod tip. Are you coming to the Bumble on the weekend ? If you are, i'll show you how i do it |??

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Lots of slack line. Most of the action comes after a short sharp pull, not on the sweep (if that makes sense!) A tight line makes it walk under the surface

Patchinko works with lots of constant taps, the Claw is more tap, pause, tap, pause, tap, wait, wait, wait, tap...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm struggling to get down i'm afraid Simon unfortunatley i have to work saturday i had planned to come down on the saturday morning and camp but now my only chance is to drive down on either the saturday night or early sunday morning but as i have to be in work monday it's a bit of an ask .I'm very dissapointed as i was really looking forward to meeting the guys on here and learning what i could.Back to the z-claw though i have a stradic gtm rb reel do you think the retrieve rate could be causing me problems as i know its quite quick ?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Not sure how others fish it but I'm only retrieving the slack line once the lure has stopped moving after the pull, it's not directly winding the Claw in

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Rob that makes sense will try it next time i go out or you can show me if i get to meet with you anytime soon .Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts