Z claw..... | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Z claw.....

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Striper

I could not buy a fish on this lure this year....everyone raves about it and its the second year in a row it been a dud for me...anyone else feel like its a white elephant lure................

2. Sea Trout

i have used it loads this year and managed 1 bass. i like it but its not in the same league as a patchinko for me

3. Tarpon

I've had some cracking fish on it. Awesome lure !!

4. Striper

Would agree had 2 fish in April on it thats it

5. Pollock

Same as that.. z-claw mullet all the way for me!!

6. Striper

7. Pollock

It's deadly my favourite lure . In fact it just got me 5 fish this afternoon two of them over 5 lb post report later. I'll prob buy them if ya getting rid lol

8. Pollock

Got 10 & they catch ok for me.

9. Striper

Thanks for the offer Nick but she is sold.........

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

10 z claws??????

10. Chub

superb lure in calm conditions:wackit:

11. Guest

You won't believe it but it is my favourite colour as well. That one took 3 fish over 70 centimeters in 15 minutes while 10 others caught nothing at all. I'd buy that colour in a heartbeat if i lost it.

12. Striper

It must be cursed in my box.......thats 3 cracking fish in 15 minutes....that enough proof for anyone...............

13. Pollock

Its caught a bit of stuff for me.....:)

14. Striper

Its a lure i should use more as my mate Rob B nails a fair few on them. Ive caught on them but just isnt my go to lure. YET!!

15. Striper

totally love my z claw's,had loads of fish on them this year including a 9 1/2 pounder:-D, if the conditions are right it is fantastic. I have noticed that they seem to catch fish in the middle of the day when you cannot get a sniff on anything else

• Like Like x 1
  16. Salmon

Interesting thread on a lure I plan to get a few of next year.....

Question: is it the original non-rattling or the rattling version that everyone is finding most successful?

17. Tarpon

Get both . . . . they are the bollox . . . . & get a 'medium' version also, & work it slow on a straight retrieve.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Striper

rattling for me

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chub

Dave,
    After going out with Putty last week and seeing him catch, I decided to get a Z-Claw based on your recommendation. (Also got a Patch II Sun Sprat at the same time.)
    Had a short session yesterday afternoon and I'm delighted by the distance I can cast with both of them. Like bullets - they went so far out that I nearly clocked some angler in Brittany on the swede! Be that as it may, if it doesn't catch for me - I'm gonna be knocking on your door . . .
    :-D
    Tim.

20. A

The Claw has got to have one of the best actions for a surface lure. Everyone should have one right next to their patchinko. Why we can only buy these lures in a handful of shops I do not know. Only started fishing for Bass with surface lures in the middle of the summer but only bought a couple of claws about 2 weeks ago.