Z claw..... | Page 4 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Z claw.....

Discussion in 'Surface Lures' started by {name}, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Perch

Rod tip down and the z-claw works sub surface, it's got a good wide swim action.

2. Salmon

I'm the same Fred but there was at least one day where the Z-claw outgunned the patchinko II on hits by about 5:1 when fished side by side - and that was in a low chop rather than flat calm....

3. Mackerel

Thats interesting ... I dont think I have been making the most of mine, will have to give it a better go I think.

4. Mackerel

Went out yesterday and had several swirls at a Patchinko II but only one hookup, so I put on a Maxrap thinking they want it subsurface but no interest, remembered my Z Claw, put it on and three hits and three hookups, only small fish but that aint the Z Claws fault. I am a Z Claw convert.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Salmon

Thanks for the update Fred, that's great news. :clap:

6. CoFounder & Retired Admin VIP Partner

I would agree that I prefer Z Claws in calmer conditions, but dont be afraid to give them a few casts to see how they preform on choppy days. I do find them hard to use when its windy but in saying that it depends what way you are casting, I had a 6lb+ on a Z Claw on a very windy day once. Simon is right too, even with the Original one dont be afraid to just wind it straight in too, its a strange action to use on a WTD lure but the shape of the Z Claw means it pushes out this lovely V wake if retieved straight.

Its handy that I fish stood right next to Bob on the boat as we will try different surface lures and techniques in the same area. if you are on your own then be aware if you have no rises or you have missed hits on say a Patchinko, give a Claw a go. Interestingly they far out sell the Patchinko in France, they much prefer the Z Claw and I believe it is because of the different actions you can apply with it.

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

That 6lb'er I was on about.......... You wont get a Z Claw in that colour anymore, I bought that one about 8 years ago!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3