The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Our local tobbaconists shop (E.Denis) opposite the town hall has just taken delivery of some Zippo handwarmers.
I've bought two and have been giving them a test over the weekend. They run for up to 20 hours on a full fill of lighter fluid (even though the manufacturer states 12 hours max) and give plenty of heat. Pretty good valus at £17-50 each.
I've also got a couple of charcoal burning handwarmers that give similar heat, but in my experience they keep extinguishing themselves when it's least convenient to relight them ie F6 wind, -3C air temp (not counting windchill), the sort of conditions Keith normally takes us out with the sp's lol.

I'm sure there available online for our British and European pluggers too.

Hope this helps

Gary

·
Registered
779 Posts
I use the chemical granulate jobbies - theyre great

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Hi guys

Our local tobbaconists shop (E.Denis) opposite the town hall has just taken delivery of some Zippo handwarmers.
I've bought two and have been giving them a test over the weekend. They run for up to 20 hours on a full fill of lighter fluid (even though the manufacturer states 12 hours max) and give plenty of heat. Pretty good valus at £17-50 each.
I've also got a couple of charcoal burning handwarmers that give similar heat, but in my experience they keep extinguishing themselves when it's least convenient to relight them ie F6 wind, -3C air temp (not counting windchill), the sort of conditions Keith normally takes us out with the sp's lol.

I'm sure there available online for our British and European pluggers too.

Hope this helps

Gary
I don't really feel the cold when actually fishing but I do feel it afterwards. Usually I get hungry, feed and then get tired real fast after a cold one.
I saw Mark lighting something the other night, looked like a flat cigar in a tin. Is this one of these ?

Get ready this week Gary as you can test it out...LOL

Time to test the skills. Only 2 weeks till the 4 harbour's soft lure race.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have the fuel burning one, charcoal? Not sure. Either way, I find by getting one orange ember showing, then blowing on it till the whole end is orange will keep it going, havent had it go out in a while. Its been valuable recently with these NE winds, as I dont like having to wear gloves, seems to numb any bites you can feel through the handle. Just wish this bloody wind would let up, was like walking through a blast freezer coming to work this morning.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Love those handwarmers during the winter season!
Just fill them with white spirit or zippo oil and they keep you warm the whole day.

There is a UK company who makes them for a very long time.

The brand is called Peacock.

greets bram

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts